Skip links

Article sections

    To seek modification of a child custody order, a “significant change in circumstances” must be shown. A modification can also be issued whenever “necessary and proper” to serve the best interest of the children.

    Even after a dissolution of marriage becomes final, circumstances may change and both parties may want to modify or set aside a court order. If this is the case, you likely need to draft a post-divorce agreement. If you or your ex-spouse’s circumstances have changed in some way. Just like prenuptial agreements, post-divorce and postnuptial agreements must be negotiated and drafted with the guidance and care of an experienced attorney.

    in Child CustodyDivorce